I follow..

7:16 PM

I feel that as I continue to grow older, I can see how various phases and experiences in my life are touched by God, and how certain aspects of life in their truest forms are really just meant to mirror God's love for us. For instance, my parents and I, and the design of a parent child relationship. And Chris and I, and the design of the groom and the bride, etc. On such a very small, flawed, and unworthy scale...these things that are such giant aspects of our lives, are the imperfect analogy of something so much bigger. Everything is so connected and interwoven that it becomes so very difficult to separate God from what we perceive to be "our" lives, or God from science, or God from anything for that matter. Donald Miller makes a few remarks about things like this because for a while, he 'worked' at this extremely highly intellectual and "Godless" University. He found that arguing with too-intelligent-for-their-own-good individuals was always a mute point as related to the religion of "Christianity" because of the corruption, hypocrisy, and contradictions that go along with this title that is so thrown around in our culture. However, Miller started making a point to substitute the Christian label with "I follow Jesus." History tells us Jesus was real, so intellectuals cannot stop there. I see a huge difference in people that are Christians, and those that follow Jesus. To even make the claim that you follow Jesus is setting your life up to look very different than the lives of lukewarm Christians, and for Jesus followers, our relationships with those around us should reflect (although very imperfectly,) God's character, and the relationships of and between the Trinity. By establishing this difference, it should be absolutely impossible to disregard the complexity of God's purpose and plan for each relationship, situation, and experience in our lives. So I don't know about you, but I follow Jesus.

To end with a quote from D. Miller, "...Sure, there is some data involved, but mostly it is this deep, deep conviction......this idea that life is about this thing, and it really isn't an option for it to be about something else."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave us some love! And don't forget your blog link so I can visit! :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images