No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies :)

1:03 PM

I know this sweet girl named Emily McCanless who wanted this cookie recipe-so here it is :)

I NEVER bake. I seriously don't know why. I have a wonderful kitchenaid that we got from our wedding that I don't even use for baking. I use it for more extravagant things-like butterbeer (see post below). Bahaha. No, I use it a lot in just general cooking, but for some reason I always get frustrated when I try to bake. Needless to say, the "urge to bake" never hits this girl.

Well yesterday it did. It was possibly influenced by wanting to take some sort of treat to our bible study...or maybe I was doing some SERIOUS procrastinating. Either way--the one time I do try to bake, I realize I don't have butter. Boo.

I was an unstoppable force by this point--I had the rest of the ingredients out. So I looked up no-butter recipes and found one, and then changed it a little! It was pretty good, I missed the buttery flavor but I LOADED those suckers with chocolate chips...so all was well. Plus they're healthier, right!?

Here it is:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
little less than 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.

Whisk together both types of sugar, oil, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture to oil mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and shape into tight rounds of about ¾ to 1 inch. Space them about 2 inches apart on two ungreased cookie sheets. The mounds should be bursting with chips. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.


Enjoyyy the non-buttered goodness. Holla, Emily M! You'da best.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave us some love! And don't forget your blog link so I can visit! :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images