Tate Life Lately

1:17 PM

Shoot. It's been a while.

Here's an update.

Liz has safely arrived and settled in in Nigeria! Read about it here!
I already got to face time with her!! It was amazing. I cried on accident but I'm still so excited for her. She gave me a tour of her room and house and I've been stalking her like whoah via all social media outlets.

I'm going to Charleston this weekend for this awesome prayer training with some friends and it's going to be amazing, I can just tell. Chris can't come because he has stinkin' weekend clinicals which is so sad BUT for me it's going to beat being up here without him.

It's already September which is a VERY good thing and I promise I'm not wishing time away but I sort of am actually because we are beyond ready for nursing school to be over with. I can see the light.

We've been having the time of our LIVES re-training our cat to use the litter box because we bought this fancy new one that requires very little work, but there are little pellets and not sand so he's literally flipping his lid every day and acting like we've turned his world upside down in the worst way. Fact: in his entire existence with us (since he was 12 weeks old) he has never had an accident anywhere but the litterbox. We upgrade his toilet system and bam. Accidents. Ugh. So annoying. He's slowly getting it but we have to monitor him like 24/7 and literally place him in it when he has to go.

I've been reading "I Will Carry You," which came highly recommended by multiple people but I actually wouldn't have read it (because I didn't have the guts to pick it up) unless one of my friends gave it to me which happened last week and I already finished it. There story is the exact same as ours. Exact. Except their little girl was alive for a couple of hours instead of 30 minutes. When I read it, I felt like I was the one writing it. Every word was exactly how I feel and think and process all of this. It encouraged me to start writing our story, actually, so I am. It's the wife of the guy in that band "Selah" the ones who wrote the song "I will carry you" about it. I will absolutely recommend this book to anyone else who has gone through what we did. I cried a LOT reading it but it was so comforting to know that there are others out there. It's awful that there are..but comforting. Also, they had twins and another girl before the one that passed away, and one of the twins is named Ellie. So I read her name in every other sentence.

 Other than that...Chris is in full swing again in school, we're missing our Ellie all the time, and we're making it through...

Much love.






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So glad you found that book. It's a great one. Also ... Grieving the Loss of Someone You Love. It's not specifically about losing a baby, but one of the authors lost an infant shortly after birth so she mentions it several times. I highly recommend it.

    I think of you and pray for you often <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love! And don't forget your blog link so I can visit! :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images