restore. rescue. recover.

6:58 AM


I left my hubs for the weekend this past weekend to go to a sozo prayer training conference with some friends at my old church in Mt. P. Technically my hubs left me first because he had clinicals all weekend so I was forced to make plans and those of you that know us know that we don't like to be apart so this was a big stinkin' deal. Mostly I knew that I needed to be confronted by Jesus (aka stop being a BUTT and listen to what he's telling me) since I haven't really sorted through much of anything heart-related post Ellie. I sat with a friend on my couch a couple weeks before the conference and I told her that I was committed to letting that happen this weekend. Anyway. Long story short..

It totally happened.

The problem is that it was so sweet that I can't even type it out on here because there was some major open heart surgery that occurred and boy am I glad I had my friends with me. I am willing to talk about it in person if you're curious or want to hear a good story but seriously I can't even type it.

For those of you who aren't familiar with sozo, the simplest explanation is that it's learning how to intercede for others using specific techniques instead of just regular listening prayer which is more organic. The word sozo is a greek word that is found over and over and over again in the bible and it basically means to be made whole and complete, to be made well, to be restored, recovered, etc.
Example: 2 Timothy 4:18
"The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever."
(The underlined words are translated from the word sozo.)


The idea in receiving specific intercessory pray using the sozo format is that even as a new creations (2 Corinth. 5:17), we battle against really nasty stuff (Eph 6:12) where the enemy desires to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10), so we pray and worship and intercede for one another when we walk in community together and this is just one of those ways to do that. Not a necessary way, but a really awesome way.

We didn't each go through the actual prayer time because this was a learning conference..but even just sitting through the teaching did a number on my heart. It was awesome. And since it was at my childhood church, there were familiar faces there helping to teach which was selfishly really awesome for me because I was in such a comfortable environment to learn. Mmmm.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That's so wonderful. Glad you had such a refreshing and restoring weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I should have gone! Oh well, now I guess I'll just have to go to another one somewhere someday... Because really, I'm all about some sozo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love! And don't forget your blog link so I can visit! :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images