Prayer Journal

7:59 PM

So heaven meets earth
like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
when I think about the way
He loves us, oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves.


I've always liked journaling. (Hence the blog, I suppose..) But also hand-written journaling. I have a few journals, I never seem to completely finish them from font to back, but my favorite journal is my leather bound prayer journal. I started it while at camp this past summer and it's pretty strictly for prayers and or song lyrics having to do with God. Occasionally i've put in some random thoughts that aren't specifically directed towards God, but for the most part they are.

Just now after writing in it, I went back through it and realized that every prayer that was in there had been answered. I mean, I can look back in my head and see how God has brought change into my life, but have you ever thought about the SPECIFIC, detailed prayers?? I feel so unworthy considering I took the time to write out these prayers to Him and then hadn't even taken the time to really really think about how He's moved in my life. Not to mention, it's not like I knew or expected when writing them that they would be blessed, especially that quickly..not because I don't have faith that God will, but that I just was so consumed in my own life that I couldn't see past what I was going through during the moments that I wrote them.

Re-reading them just now felt as if God was in my ear saying "Look, not only did I answer one of these, I answered them ALL. Every single one." From now on, I want to make a way bigger effort to remember that these good things that happen are blessings, not "life happenings" that can be disregarded and taken for granted. God DOES answer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave us some love! And don't forget your blog link so I can visit! :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images